E&Q Tax - Accounting and Business Solutions

Need help?


Need help?

201-488-4060 Monday-Friday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm


IRS Transcripts

The IRS provides Transcripts that can be downloaded online, ordered through the phone, or ordered by mailing a Form 4506-T, and a Transcript contains most but not all of the information you filed on your tax return. If you would like to learn more about the different kinds of Transcripts available and what information each kind contains please click here.

Full Copy of Tax Return

You can obtain a full copy of your tax return that you sent to the IRS by filling out a Form 4506. Along with receiving a copy of your tax return you also receive copies of all documents filed which can include your W-2’s, 1099’s, schedules, and forms.

Transcript vs Copy of Tax Return

IRS transcripts are best and most often used to validate past income and tax filing status for mortgage, student and small business loan applications and to help with tax preparation. Certain legal proceedings such as adoptions require certified copies of your tax returns. Tax transcripts are cheaper and easier to acquire, but only tax returns can be certified by the IRS. So, which one you choose depends entirely on why you need the information, and if you have questions or need more guidance please call us at 201-488-4060.